i love crafts, don't you? there's something very calming and centering about the process of them.
i was looking around online the other day for some different knitting and crocheting techniques i wanted to try, and i stumbled across some really awesome (and weird) stuff!
first off, i saw this awesome hat on castoff, and i wanted to try to figure out how to do this loopy stitch.
so i googled for a while and found this page which shows you how to knit loopy, and this page that shows how to crochet loopy. so, whichever one you choose, you too can make this awesome stitch! once i'm done with all of my christmas knits, i might have to start on this!
then i stumbled upon pick me!, which features a lot of different kinds of knits, but one that particularly grabbed my attention. recycled plastic bag knitting! yeah, for real!
here's some examples of great things to knit/crochet out of plastic bags:
of course, anything knitted that you can think of you could use this plastic bag technique for! a quick search on google, and you'll find knitted plastic bag jewelry, bags, shoes, and even sculptures. it's really quite amazing!
here are some links to get you started, and some links just for cool knits!
- marlo's crochet corner - tutorial on how to make plastic bags into "yarn"
- how to make your own crocheted plastic bag shoes
- how to make your own sexy hamburger costume
- yokoo's etsy shop - she has the most amazing style
- microrevolt - a sweet knitting community that also has their own pattern generator
- knitting pattern central - a huge database of completely free knitting patterns
- crochet pattern central - you get the idea